Soil Waste Alterations - push fit/solvent weld & advice

Emilian,

If you don't know this basic stuff, should you really be attempting this? There is more to plumbing than joining a few pipes together. I know a bit of first aid and have watched several episodes of Holby City but wouldn't think of doing surgery on someone!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply.

Not sure it seems an unreasonable question given the subsequesnt discussion amongst some of the other contributiors.

Seems sensible to understant stuff properly before starting as part of evaluating your ability to do it.

Its not as though its gas or electricity (would always use gas safe / electrician). Happy to be enlightened if I have missed a serious hazard - I had assumed that worse case a plumber gets a call and that I would cap the soil pipe in the meantime.

Emilian.

Plan "A" should be to go online and download the OSMA catalogue, so you can see what is available.

Sponsored Links
Update:

Well after an hour or two (mainly finding my pipe cutter for the pipe feeding the cistern) I have managed the following:

Toilet and cistern removed

90 degree toilet attachment removed from 110mm waste pipe after some fairly robust persuasion. It had been painted so a quick run around with a blade freed that. The pipe had been fully inserted right up to the end of the socket so took some effort and gentle prying with a flat bladed screwdriver as there was no initial wiggle.

Removed the seal in the 110mm waste pipe and cleaned seal and pipe then replaced and inserted end cap for now. Used some silicone lube which helped but is still a firm fit (I'd be happy to reuse).

Installed new temporary toilet facility

Will be carefully drilling / chiselling wall around 110mm waste next (after purchasing an SDS drill) to open this up to allow access.

Having looked down pipe there is a juction between the horizontal waste pipe from the toilet and the 90 degree t connection on the soil stack in the bathroom - the juction is currently located in the wall.

Will no doubt all get a little more tricky now due to restricted access.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back