Solar Panel failure

Be nice if it is ..... last time I tried to use Assurance Policy, was on a car bought for wife, in practice it was not much use, other than full engine or transmission failure - not covered. Hope this one is better and they don't have get-out clauses.

Sponsored Links
The equipment will be under warranty a lot longer than the installation.

NICEIC is that they're safe to install electrical stuff.
MCS is that they're capable of installing solar panels to feed back to the grid.
RECC governs how they should provide a guarantee and what the guarantee should be, but isn't the guarantee itself.

Further reading shows 2 things

It does state that 'Pinnacle Renewables is a member of the RECC Assurance Scheme, we are required to have arrangements in place so that your workmanship warranty form us will still be honoured if we go out of business during warranty period"

These sounds initially good until the next section "Your warranty is insured under Deposit snd Workmanship Insurance (DAWWI) Scheme You have a 5 yr insurance policy through QANW, covering workmanship and product"

So that has expired .... so I'm back to the beginning, and its product warranty direct with the manufacturer

The manufacturer warranty means if the panel or the optimiser is broken they'll give you a new one. But they won't go up and check it for you. You'll need someone to pop up a ladder and find out what's wrong before they'll do anything.

Sponsored Links
Maybe not (hopefully) Solar Edge can connect to the system remotely, raised a tkt they advise will investigate, and if faulty will send new optimiser. So waiting on their response - will still need a guy to do the work

It;s easy to find BenQ addresses but the ones given many not be any good to you.

BenQ is Acer by another name. The change also created a company called AUO, That is the one that makes panels.

I tracked down a replacement panel in stock here. They have other parts too.

If nothing else they may be able to clear up what the warrantee means. I'd suspect it may be a manufacturers one. There was a period of misuse of this type. Can't fully remember but think thiere was a law change such that who ever sold the item was liable but not totally sure.

solar-energy not likely to give me a panel under warranty :) but a route to try to find out how to contact BenQ

All my searching shows resellers (such as Solar UK) or BenQ web sites but none related to Solar Panels.
I'll follow up on Optimiser issue first.

I followed up one on the mounting kits. When it comes to warrantes looks like they are bought with 15 years of insurance. That may need sending a letter / certificate somewhere to claim it as with windows.

Now found out the 20 yr warranty is dependent on them being registered within 12 months of installation.
I was not aware of that and the Selling company did not advise in their documentation that is the case.

Raised a case to see if I can do this retrospectively (they are still under standard warranty) ..... wish the firm was in business I would be having a few choice words with them.

Sponsored Links
Back