Solar panels warming north facing conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like some opinions please

My house has a north facing rear wall to which there is a conservatory. The conservatory is unheated, unless I choose to use electric fan heaters. Realistically though, the room is unusable except as spare room/storage.

Since the rear faces north, the front faces south and I was wondering if solar water panels would be able to feed straight through into "yet to be fitted" underfloor heating in the conservatory. Has anyone done it? Or should I get prices for another gas boiler to do it?

Given the way that energy prices are going, it might be an idea to get some use out of the conservatory without skinning me alive.

Opinions please oh Guru's

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
heat loss in conservatories is huge underfloor heating is absolutely useless in a conservatory without several kw off other heating in the height off winter

One wonders who decided to put a conservatory in that location and what they expected to use it for.

Why not add a very big rad off the existing boiler system?

Sponsored Links
Air to air heat pump.

Heating in winter,cooling if required in summer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back