Solar powered garage light solution

cool.. think I might use this idea to put 240v on the shed handle when you open the door.. keyswitch hidden to turn it off...

that'll stop the theiving gits round here...

Sponsored Links
Does there need to be anything in the circuit to prevent the battery being over charged?

Regulators are available from Maplins

I use a solar panel on my boat to keep batteries topped up using a charge splitter and regulator.

ColJack said:
cool.. think I might use this idea to put 240v on the shed handle when you open the door.. keyswitch hidden to turn it off...

that'll stop the theiving gits round here...
why stop at 240v, take the feed from the florescent light not sure of the voltage but its kV's.

I am going to put an alarm on my garage (detached no power) and am planning on doing similar to the op to keep a mobile charged that will phone me when the alarm goes off, hadnt considered lights until this topic started, i had already considered making the handle live though but decided against as its likely to backfire, lol. (although i do know someone who used to leave his car body connected to 240V when his car was in his garage and he was on holiday)

There was a long-running debate over electrocuting burglars a while ago. Wonder if someone will dig it up!

Sponsored Links
Solar panels are very beneficial for us because this heat and energy from sun is free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back