solderd fitting looks cracked?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Even though the solder looked to run well around this elbow when I applied the heat and solder. On the front lip it looks like its not filled in one place?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Nope, work the heat from the pipe end of the fitting up to the joint, just work quickly with that one area.

Chances are it's run ok tho and if you could test just now that'll tell you.

Thanks even with the gap between the pipe and the fitting lip? Is it likely the solder has run all the way around further down the fitting

Yup, if you followed the golden rule, arnd 15mm solder for 15mm pipe, 22mm for 22mm etc .... then it should be fine, but again, it's all in correct testing and commissioning.
A touch of heat and solder dipped in flux will sort it if you're not happy. You will get a feel for it as you build more confidence.(y)

lol, you're just not convinced are you?? ;)

Have I come across soldering that looks like your's and worse on old pipework and has been leak free for years, yup, loads of times. Mine are perfect you see ;) Have a I had to fill a little gap that was left when I've soldered then, yes, usually when it's still hot tho. That being said I would still have confidence in my soldering to re-warm a new joint and make it good. It's an experience thing TBH, I guess you're new to soldering?

Ultimately if you're at all unhappy then in the time it took to get the 1st reply to this, it could have been re-made. :whistle::)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back