Soldered copper or plastic speedfit?

Plastic, no joints, support and insulate properly, use the correct inserts and it's fine.
I use 10mm chased into the wall behind rads. Does cause an extra joint on a long run but looks better than coming up the wall in plastic. Switching to copper for the tails has the same joint issue.

Sponsored Links
1. Retarded plumber, who studied at the chimpanzee school of plumbing.
2. crap fittings, probably chosen due to the ease of installation by those with less dexterous opposable thumbs
3. abuse of flexibility of plastic, allowing said plumber to get away with over tight pipework
4. A system that I'm convinced is designed to last no more than the statute of limitation.

So, not so much plastic being the problem but the installer being a ar$e and using poor quality fittings.

Y

Is it ridiculous to change from plastic to copper for the rad tails? Can't bear seeing a pushfit on show - people will think I'm amateur!
have a look at tec tite copper fittings with O rings - convert plastic to copper for rad tails . Loads available on eBay @ good prices

Should have mentioned you can get rad tail covers in chrome and probably other colours, personally never used them and can't imagine they're very convincing on a wiggly plastic pipe, but it's an option.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back