Soldering near gas pipe...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Chaps

I need to cut off the 15mm pipe in the image below, pop a 15mm elbow on and feed it through the wall on the left.

When I pulled back the existing floor covering there was a loose patch of concrete around the pipe. After prising this out it u covered the iron pipe, I assume this is the output from the gas meter as its just the other side of the wall where the gas meter is.

This all seems a bit too close for comfort to be in there with a blow torch, well at least for my risk appetite... the iron must have been there for 35 years untouched.

Is this a fairly run of the mill task for a pro? Would they turn the gas off or just go for it with a wet towel or two over the joins?

20201227-164504.jpg

Sponsored Links
Mmm, not sure if i may end up blowing myself away?

Actually on another point, I'm having my gas meter moved, would the chap who reconnects my supply to the meter be able to get those iron fittings off of the pipe and change the angle it exists or is there too much risk in it undoing the thread at the other end of the pipe under the screed?

you wont blow yourself up its perfectly safe .
your guy will be able to tell you what he can and cant do when he sees it

Sponsored Links
Just leave it to the gas safe guy you get to do the job, he should know exactly what to do. Should be perfectly safe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back