soldering pipes

andylad303 said:
so are there different diameter solders or does one do all
Solid does all, but there is thinner stuff cored with flux for electrical work ..some people use this dunno why :confused: La-co self cleaning flux seems to be ok on fingers and washes away with water. As Jamie said , lead free for potable/wholesome water and everything else if you`re only doing a small amount of soldering

Sponsored Links
gasmarkone said:
JPC, nice to hear about real plumbing. I've done the 'oh dear there's a hole in your curtains' thing!! And I was a 'finger applicator' with flux. Now, at the risk of much mirth I found that if you were doing loads of soldering like this all day it made your f**ts have a certain odour!!
Not half as bad as using red lead putty for sealing wastes...and boss white on fittings,and inhaling green Yorkshire flux fumes..and the flux from arc welding rods. :eek: I must be rotting from the inside out :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back