solid fuel central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've looked earnestly through previous messages, so forgive me if this has been answered before. I tried to bleed my upstairs radiators as they were only halfway heated. all seemed fine (heard hissing of air, no water came out) until the following morning I now have no hot water or heating. I have a trianco trg 60 solid fuel boiler ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have a blockage in the cold feed where it joins (tees) into the 22/28mm pipe work.

Whatever the fuel used problems are usually the same.

Check that the ballcock valve in the c/h expansion tank has not stuck in the closed position. In other words, does the tank have water in it, and when the ball is pressed down does water flow into the tank?

Vent the radiators with the pump switched off. You should (or must!) be able to bleed water from the rads. Do each one, as far as you can, radially from the boiler - nearest to boiler first, furthers away last.

Rgds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back