solid or self-draining interlocking tiles for garage, and how to prepare the floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got the garage painted and I'm thinking of laying interlocking tiles on the floor.

I have bare concrete floor atm, not sure how levelled it is but it's not very smooth - some dents and sticking out concrete too. Is the solid tiles better or the self draining type? I think the self - draining type would be difficult to keep clean - so I'm leaning towards the solid type.

Do I need to level the floor and make it smooth before laying the tiles? My living room was not that flat when I laid the laminate floor (with underlay) and sometimes there's squeeze noise when walking on it. but not sure how the interlocking tiles will react to uneven/flat floor? Ideally I can just lay the tiles as it is, maybe with some synthetic landscape fabric as I read it will help reducing noise on uneven floors.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back