Solid wall insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bathroom has solid walls which i would like to insulate (north & east facing brrrr). What's the best way to do this. Somebody told me that I have to be careful what I use as plasterboard or similar will get damp. We already get mould on the ceiling! We intend to tile the walls after.
Hope somebody can help - thanks

Sponsored Links
Flexible Thermal Linings and almost all brands of thermal boarding provide extremely high thermal efficiencies in regard to thermal insulation. Therefore, it is possible to achieve a very high level of thermal performance using relatively small thicknesses of insulation (which can be a major asset for small dwellings).

You can also have insulation injected into your wall cavity, this sounds costly but you can apply for a grant to help you with he payment of this as it is saving energy (good for environment etc..)

I suggest you just use google.com to find out how

Source: www.nationalinsulationassociation.org.uk

You can use insulated plasterboard straight onto your bathroom wall, if you are tiling it. The tiles and adhesive should provide enough protection to the plasterboard to prevent moisture settling in.

If you have serious moiture problems, use a thin PIR board (the likes of celotex, kingspan, etc..) and use a tile backer board or cementitious particle baord on top. I believe you can get insulated cementitious particle board that are used as soffit boards that maybe you can use in your bathroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back