Solid Wood Flooring on small patch of concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll be laying 18mm solid wood flooring 90 degrees on top to my existing wooden subfloor. I have a fire place which has a small patch of concrete on the floor in front of it.

Do I just lay the solid wood flooring directly onto the concrete like I will be doing on the remaining floor area or will I have to lay a DPM first on the patch of concrete?

Concrete area is no more then 1000mm X 600mm.

H.

Sponsored Links
Just glue it to the concrete. The area is way to small to cause you moist problems.
The patch of concrete I doubt is in direct contact with the foundation?

Thanks for your advice WoodYouLike, will check out if the concrete meets the foundations.

Thanks again.

H.

depending on age of property, the concrete fire place will normally be direct to earth. Now a plastic dpm sheet will just push moister else where. I would always recommend you dig out the concrete and put a joist in place ontop of DPC and then floor boards or ply.

This is really simple to do. It will fill only one rubble bag with rubbish. It will only cost a maximum of 40 quid and take between 1- 3 hours to do.

You will end up with one type of subfloor also.

This does all depend on age and construction of property tho.

Sponsored Links
Property was built in 1929, so from what your saying concrete will meet the foundations. Will lift the wooden floor this weekend and find out.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back