Preparing to lay a wooden flooring (Solid oak)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have been advise as I am laying the solid wood flooring on concrete that I should put down rewnas mb epoxy dpm system on the concrete floor then the glue the wood on top of that with rewnar polymer flexible wood adhesive. Does that sound right

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If this is the recommended method by the supplier of the flooring you should check the small print on there guarantee as some can be quiet stringent on how it's fitted etc to be covered.

Unless the concrete floor is old I would expect there should already be a dpm in it, you can normally see it where it's raised up round the edges. If there is then you can lie it directly onto the concrete with the appropriate glue. I think 'Sikabond' do a glue which acts as a dpm and glue in one.

If this is your first time using this sort of method make sure you buy some appropriate adhesive remover (the glue supplier will recommend I'm sure) and keep your towel/notcher as clean as possible at all times.

Hope it all goes well.

Gob's

why do you say get an adhesive remover? incase I need to redo the part of the flooring?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There's a good chance you'll get it on the flooring itself, so it's always good to have proper wipes/remover that will get it off and not damage the finish on the flooring. You can also use them to clean your tools etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back