Solid wood vs Engineered vs Bamboo flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I need to buy some new flooring for my loft conversion (and eventually the same flooring for the whole house). I can't seem to make up my mind about the solid wood, engineered and bamboo flooring.

Engineered and bamboo seems to be the same price, with solid wood about £10/m cheaper. I am trying to put together a list of the pros and cons of each but am a bit stuck as I can't find anyone who has had any of the above installed for a period of more than five years in their house.

The cost is not so much an issue. What I want is something that will last a long time and be durable.

Does anyone know which of the above won't warp after 25 years, get dented from people walking with shoes etc?

The flooring will be for the bedroom/living areas. I will be getting tiles for the kitchen and bathroom.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back