Solution to Wall Moved out on Plastic DPC Due to Power Float

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a minor disaster yesterday when I hired a power float.

I was using the power float on a single garage slab which was surrounded by a double three course wall on three sides.

On one of the walls the power float must have hit the wall too many times and shifted the wall out by 1cm.

The wall is a double course with a Flemish bond. Due to the inherent strength of the bond the whole wall has pretty much moved on the plastic DPC without cracking.

The bricks are perforated (three holes top through to bottom).

On the three walls an oak timber framed garage will eventually sit.

What are my options?

I can think of two...

1 - Rebuild the wall in question

2- Somehow push the wall back onto the DPC and possibly putting 10mm steel reinforcing bars vertically from the top course and into the footings (use a long 10mm sds drill) to give the wall some lateral strength. The concrete footings were poured less than a week ago, so are fairly plastic I think.

If option two, does anyone have any ideas on how to push the wall?

Thanks,

Will

Sponsored Links
1cm? Most brickies I know can't even build a wall to within 10mil accuracy. Why don't you leave it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back