Two Courses of brick under a stud wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Doing an integral garage conversion. Separating the garage in the middle using a stud wall. Building Control asked for two courses of bricks first and then put the stud wall on top. Can you help to clarify please.

- Do I lay DPC on the garage floor directly or build the first course of bricks first , then DPC then second course?

- Do I lay DPC directly on the floor/brick or do I lay a bed of mortar first?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
QUOTE="^woody^, post: 5165570, member: 37821"]DPC goes between the timber frame and the brick. As does the DPM.[/QUOTE]

Thank you,

So the bricks go directly on to the concrete garage floor, then DPC on top of the bricks and then the stud wall, correct?

Do I need to put a bed of mortar on DPC before placing the stud wall?

Do I need and additional base stud on DPC before placing the stud wall?

Last edited:
DPC goes between the timber frame and the brick. As does the DPM.

Thank you,

So the bricks go directly on to the concrete garage floor, then DPC on top of the bricks and then the stud wall, correct?

Do I need to put a bed of mortar on DPC before placing the stud wall?

Do I need and additional base stud on DPC before placing the stud wall?
Lay your two courses of brick onto the garage floor. Mortar bed the DPC onto the tops of those bricks and use your stud sole plate to flatten out the mortar - leave until set. Build stud wall on top of the sole plate. You can also trap any DPM in there prior to fixing the upright studs.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back