Solve my velux window dilemma!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have just finished a redecoration with one or two items yet to do. Attached is a pic of the main bedroom which has a pine velux window. The pine (imo) does not match the paint colours/carpet or other woods in the room (white gloss and dark wood). The options I am thinking about:

1. Sand the velux and paint it gloss white...seems to be very little info online as to whether this effect will come out well

2. Put in white shutter blinds over the velux window...not sure how this will look as it closes up the space somewhat...also never seen shutters on a sloping roof

3. Cover the space with some other sort of material???

Replacing the window is not an option financially.

Thanks for any suggestions/comments on my ideas!!

Thy

Sponsored Links
The way you wish to go about this would come down to your personel preference, you can if you wish paint them and if so very lightly sand taking care not to break through the existing finish, you could then apply an undercoat and gloss or you could use Crown Solo which is self undercoating.

Dec

The man must have shares in Crown Solo. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies so far. Are there any other bright ideas?? Otherwise I will try the Crown Solo route.

Tks!

Update: I did the painting with Crown Solo - worked quite well - i wasn't able to get the look perfect (ie it doesn't look like a white velux window from the shop) but it definitely passed the glance test.

Cheers

Getting the exact match would prove almost impossible it really comes down to the closest.

Cheers,

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back