SOLVED: Suspected borrowed neutral

Sponsored Links
Not sure yet, I will need to change this link over, then move one ltg mcb over to the non-rcd side of the board, most definitely a job for the daylight.

If this solves it, whilst I will be pleased it's solved, I will also be somewhat annoyed that the tiniest piece of of the install has caused such head scratching

I have a feeling this wont be the end of it though

SOLVED

Swapped the live link between switch 2&3 to switch 1&3, swapped D/S lights to the non RCD side, and re-engergised the C/U. All lights switched and worked, no RCD popping. Switched one of the 5amp light sockets and RCD popped. After a bit of investigation the single N in the C/U supplies these light sockets, not the U/S lights. Swapped that Neutral over and all good.

No re-wiring, no all lights on one MCB, no messing around under floorboards. A simple live link. Feeling pretty proud of myself

Thanks for all your help and advice guys. Much appreciated

...this results in a induction loop being created which can put mains hum on radios etc. As a result the practice was discontinued.

However it works OK (except for hum)...

Oh how thing change, it was only last year I was criticised for making a similar sort of comment.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back