Some advice on Heatrae megaflo 300 PLEASE

Up until the corgi 'take over' policy I used to write directly to local BC and inform them of cylinder type, name and address of installation and my qualifications. I also invited them to inspect the installation at their pleasure via the customer being contacted for access arrangements. I have never been charged for anything to do with this process and as of yet I have never heard of any of my customers being contacted by BC or indeed I have never had any official reply from BC either. I can only assume that this notification was a 'pain in their side' and not worthy of their response! At least I had done my bit ;)

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
I would expect that anyone with the G3 qualification could use CORGI to notify after paying the registration fee for G3 or Part P even if they were no registered for gas.
The BRs say that notification is not required for someone registered with CSL, so the concept of pre-notification doesn't exist, and therefore isn't free.

So to sum up, when I did unvented pre 2000 it was necessary but since then the building Regs have been amended to allow notification afterwards through Corgi Services Ltd.
I haven't checked any BRs before 2000.

Its interesting that the same qualified person can presumably still pre notify BC at no cost or can at a small cost post notify via Corgi Services Ltd.
I really don't think so - what you refer to as "pre-notifying" is really vastly premature post-notification, which is not an option without paying the LABC fee, and would in any case constitute a false declaration of installation.

Softus said:
Its interesting that the same qualified person can presumably still pre notify BC at no cost or can at a small cost post notify via Corgi Services Ltd.
I really don't think so - what you refer to as "pre-notifying" is really vastly premature post-notification, which is not an option without paying the LABC fee, and would in any case constitute a false declaration of installation.

Did you read this before you posted it? :rolleyes: I find no difficulty in understanding the (silly) phrase "pre-notifying" as meaning that you write to BC before the cylinder is installed to let them know what's going to happen. Why the nonsense about "a false declaration of installation"? Other than you want to have a dig at Agile.

I wonder if different BC offices use different criteria.

Each cylinder I have installed, has required a fee of £100 to be sent with submitted plans.

As far as I am concerned, CORGI is a gas registeration body, so see no reason why they need to know what else I do.

Had a letter from them last promoting Installer live. Letter was opened which went straight to the bin. I wonder if they are getting worried.

Is Bolenza Water Systems?

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
Did you read this before you posted it?
Yes indeedy.

I find no difficulty in understanding the (silly) phrase "pre-notifying" as meaning that you write to BC before the cylinder is installed to let them know what's going to happen.
That's good. We both understand the phrase then, and we both think it's silly.

Why the nonsense about "a false declaration of installation"?
It might be something that you don't understand, but it isn't nonsense. I think you did though, and I think it's just you having a dig at me. ;)

DP said:
I wonder if different BC offices use different criteria.

Each cylinder I have installed, has required a fee of £100 to be sent with submitted plans.
Is that for unvented, DP, or vented? :eek:

As far as I am concerned, CORGI is a gas registeration body, so see no reason why they need to know what else I do.
Indeed it (CORGI) is, but some entrepreneurial souls have seen the opportunity to use the CORGI name and to incorporate a profit-making company that trades in the same market as NICEIC etc.

I wonder if it would have been acceptable for anyone else in the land to use the CORGI name to mislead customers in the same fashion. :evil:

Is Bolenza Water Systems?
It seems unlikely, since WS is/was intelligent. Also, it would be hard to conceal those psychopathically aggressive technical views that he expresses/expressed.

We are an accredited unvented installation company and would supply and install a 300 litre unit for around £2500 plus vat, subject to the boiler being compatible and D1 and D2 are able to be taken to a safe discharge point without any problems.
You must also understand that the unit will only work satisfactorily if the communication pipe will give you enough pressure and water flow (litres per minute) for the planned usage. I take it that you have more than one bathroom??
The price quoted is a bit excessive, maybe the installer is like me a peasant divorcee!!!!

The communication pipe is the pipe owned by the water authority;it communicates from the main supply in the street across the boundary of the home owner, this is the point when the pipe is no longer the water authorities concern.

I dont think he has a sense of humour.

Or mayby all RF communication has passed him by.

Try quoting the frequency as a wavelength !

Tony

Theres always a bloody comedian in my life!!!!

You would fit in well working for me; all I ever seem to employ are jokers!!

Very good Tony.

The communication pipe is the pipe owned by the water authority;it communicates from the main supply in the street across the boundary of the home owner, this is the point when the pipe is no longer the water authorities concern.
To be pedantic, it doesn't cross the boundary, but stops at it - from that point the pipe is called the "Supply Pipe".

Hi Mark, I understand from your website that you don't cover London/Bromley area. Can you recommend someone you know can fit a Megaflo boiler in my area? Also would be grateful if you could advise whether I need to check out whether my loft is strong enought to hold the heavy boiler. Many thanks for your help

try starting a new thread rather than tagging on to one about 8 months old :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back