Some Banking Stuff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Standing order or direct debit?
Was recently reading how a firm cheated a (silly) person by stating that only the beneficiary to a DD (no Kev, not a bra) could cancel the process...
I think I have heard this mentioned before ... But it is not so, just for once the obvious is the case !!
I wandered down here and had a peruse .... Some case studies at the lower part of page worth a moment... Not too happy with the result for Mr J and his rent losses, due IMHO to Bank not fully transferring his accounts.. Did he lose out due to claiming silly money compo ??

Also More DD cases

Quite illuminating... Nice to see an Ombudsman working at it .. the cases are quite revealing with regard to errors, omissions and general mistakes, from both sides !!

Update .. Just noticed the left sidebar, ref 'Keys left in car.....' at my first link above .. Especially the girl saying she 'lost' her primary keys a month previous to theft of car .. Not upheld !! if you lose a set of car keys it may be worth a letter to the Insurance company otherwise if you cannot produce both sets.. maybe they'll suggest they were left in vehicle ... ???
No one a bit shocked about the 'keys in car' being unproven by Insurance company then ?
;)

Sponsored Links
Back