some questions on TT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi: on a TT system what Ze would you use to base a circuit design on.

Where it says on the EIC Electrode resistance is that a standard test for Ze or is it the actual resistance of the rod.

If putting 2 ring mains through the same hole in Joists there are 4 cables and 2 circuits do you rate it as 2 circuits for Cfs

finally if half your circuit lenth is pulled through joists and half in plaster ie downstairs sockets is it C or what do you reakon

Cheers
W J

Sponsored Links
The maximum laid down in the OSG?

I would measure Ze after rod installation.

2 circuits.

A C?

You mean installation method?

I would say that was Method 1.

Take a reading for Ze.
Use efli meter and test Ze this can be used as electrode resistance (Ra).
Same circuit but count as 4 cables.
C ?

Sponsored Links
What are these strange letters of which you speak?

I'm not familiar with them... :oops:

Send secure back to the classroom...

securespark said:
What are these strange letters of which you speak?

I'm not familiar with them... :oops:

Send secure back to the classroom...

If your on about the C ...I havent got a clue, I thought the same as you he was after installation method & yep I'd go with 1.

Sorry..... C is on the cert for PVC cables in non metallic trunking
OS

Could you clarify what the options are. On the forms I have it would be A as there is no conduit involved but C on these forms stands for PVC cables in non-metallic conduit (not trunking...). Is that what you meant?

Davy

wiringtypes.jpg

Sorry for confusing you all. got most of the answers apart from the installation one, as I said if half the lenth of your circuit is pulled through joists and half is drawn into pvc conduit and then plastered what is the correct installation method to record on the cert.
know what I'm after now??

Os

Go for the worst case scenario, so it would be listed as wiring type 'C'

oldspark said:
Sorry for confusing you all. got most of the answers apart from the installation one, as I said if half the lenth of your circuit is pulled through joists and half is drawn into pvc conduit and then plastered

You didn't mention the conduit before :p In that case put it as C for the same reason as RF.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back