Some Texecom Questions

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Hello, I'm new to this thread - so please forgive me if I ask silly questions.

I am not sure of the exact model of my panel, but I do have the SmartCom module and using the Texecom Connect app on my phone. I also have Ricochet with a few beams/sensors connected.

I have been using engineers to set up my alarm and everything is working well, but there are a few things I would like to do on my own.

1. How hard is it to add additional Ricochet devices to my alarm? Is it something I should be able to do on my own?

2. I had a guy come out from Texecom and he connected to the panel via Wintex I believe and configured names and things like that. Do I need to use a usb cable to connect or can I do that from on my network?

3. I see it is possible for normal end users to modify the zones that are in the part arms from the panel itself - I however don't see a way to rename the part arm. Can this be done from the panel or only from Wintex?

Thanks a mil everyone, looking forward to also being of help in the future hopefully.

Sponsored Links
Menu 4 on the keypad will tell the panel and version number.

however from what you have said so far you must be an Elite V4 for the smart com to work.

When adding Ricochet its important to ensure the commissioning process is redone.

As for can an end user add devices, the answer is yes if they have the engineers code, although to be fair I went to job earlier this week because an alarm engineer that put the system in was struggling and the second company the customer called out, also couldn't do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back