someone help!!!!! permanent marker!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have got permanent marker on an ice hockey jersey and need to get it off, but it also has other signatures on that i do not want to remove. i havent tried anything yet as the jersey is white and i dont want to ruin it. any suggestions?
:cry:

Sponsored Links
Acetone will remove permanent marker ink, or at least, most inks including the permanent markers that I buy.

Nail polish remover will typically be pure acetone or contain a lot of acetone (along with amyl acetate, which is a big brother to acetone).

Acetone is also soluble in water, just like ethyl alcohol.

So, wet a white tissue with acetone (or nail polish remover if you don't have any acetone) and dab the spot. If the tissue starts becoming stained the same color as the marker ink, then the ink is being dissolved.

You can keep blotting with a tissue, but you can also wet the stain with acetone or nail polish remover to dissolve the ink, and then hold it under running water to wash away the acetone (with the ink dissolved in it).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back