Something to Hide view of neighbours garden from Hell !!!

S

Simonbeasley1

Our neighbours gardens is an eye saw. Weeds, Old Cooker, Bike, Microwave just a few items. We are also trying to sell and nobody is interested as a quick look out of the boys bedroom window and the possible buyers can't get out quick enough.

I currently have a 6ft wooden fence that divides the two gardens but need some kind of screening that would grow quite tall and quickly, would be great to have somehing that would reach the height of my boys window.

Hope someone could suggest some ideas as at my wits end could have sold the house by now.

thanks

Simon

Sponsored Links
Rather than hide it, offer to go round & clear it up yourself.

Any prospective buyers will always have a walk around & see it from the other side of the fence anyway.

say 15-17ft. Spend £500 - £1000 possibly more as likely to loose money if i cant do anything about the view.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Sponsored Links
The dreaded Leylandii is the quickest growing I can think of but even that isn’t going to rescue you & screen the view quickly enough for you if you’re trying to sell up now.

I sympathise with your predicament & problems like this can be a nightmare. Have you tried talking to them or even offering to clear their garden of crap; it may only be a temporary fix but may allow you to sell before they dump the next load of household junk in their garden. If your neighbor wont listen, I fear there may be little hope of progress but you could try the “Garden Law” forum for advice; I’ve used it to get some very useful advice on a boundary fence problem I had.

I think we are resigned to the fact that we will be here for another year.

How about Bamboo?

Simon, 2 of us now have suggested that you offer to clear it up.
Even hiring a gardener to do it may be cheaper than new massive fencing etc.

Are they not approachable in this matter?

Giving them a tidy garden could be they way around this problem yet your not responding to the suggestions, are they not approachable?

Why the hell would i want to clear his sh*te up - It is a rather large garden that has not been touched in 10 -15 years. I would be there a month of sundays let alone the amount of skips i would need to get rid of everything. Screening is the cheapesy solution to this dilema and no he is not aproachable something to do with - Oi Do you realise your garden is a flipping mess and don't be a lazy so and so clean the damn thing up and have a bit of pride it what you own.

Anyway rant over with - so how about Bamboo?

Why the hell would i want to clear his sh*te up

In order to sell your house perhaps?

Sometimes you have to do stuff your not as keen on for the best results.
;)

If I was looking to buy your house I would also be looking at next door, especially if you have a big fence between you.

Why the hell would i want to clear his sh*te up -

Because you want to sell your house :confused:

It is a rather large garden that has not been touched in 10 -15 years.

A wildlife haven then.

I would be there a month of sundays let alone the amount of skips i would need to get rid of everything.

Post a picture of the mess, then it might be possible to think of a realistic solution.

Screening is the cheapesy solution to this dilema

I doubt it.

and no he is not aproachable something to do with - Oi Do you realise your garden is a flipping mess and don't be a lazy so and so clean the damn thing up and have a bit of pride it what you own.

Mmmm, diplomacy is an acquired skill.

Why the hell would i want to clear his sh*te up - It is a rather large garden that has not been touched in 10 -15 years. I would be there a month of sundays let alone the amount of skips i would need to get rid of everything. Screening is the cheapesy solution to this dilema and no he is not aproachable something to do with - Oi Do you realise your garden is a flipping mess and don't be a lazy so and so clean the damn thing up and have a bit of pride it what you own.
Because you’re looking for a quick solution & to sell your house :confused: ; you can get a fair bit of garden tidying done £500 - £1000!

You could always go the diplomatic route; knock his door down, rant at him & tell him to clear his effing garden up or you’ll get him knee capped. :rolleyes:

if my next door neighbour came round and said...
"excuse me, I'm trying to sell my property and wondered if you'd mind if I paid to have your garden tidied up to improve the view from my rear windows"..
... then I'd be only too happy since I obviously don't want to / can't be aresed to do the garden myself..

either way the neighbour is going to be ****ed that you are obviously trying to screen their garden out..

you may not be legally able to anyway.. they have a right to light which prevents you from doing anything to block their light..

probably the cheapest is to offer to get his cleared. It will be the better option in terms of trying to sell it, because most people will have a nose over the fence if they are buying the house.

If you are looking for screening, then for that amount of money you could go for some larger photinias or bamboos. they will both give height and spread, dependent on how long the fence is.

Thanks Guys for the effort and time. I undestand about spending that money to clear his garden up. will take it onboard and keep you updated on how things pan out.

regards

Simon

how much does a gardener cost in the Maidenhead area for a days labour roughly? anyone possibly interested in the clean up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back