Sony Bravia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My elderly grandfather recently bought a Sony Bravia tv/dvd/blu-ray all-in-one job and it won't play certain dvds, coming up with text on a black screen such as "prohibited functions" or words like that. This is in London, England, the dvds in question are definitely region 2 and work on other, more simple, dvd players and is causing him great concern considering the cash already parted with. What gives guys?

Sponsored Links
He may be trying to use functions such as zoom, or pause rewind, which are part of the DVD/Bluray encoding, and not a function that the player recognises on that particular disk.

This is normal.

If you want to go the nTh mile, you could go to the manufacturers website, and download their latest drivers. You download this (for any DVD driver), burn it to CD, then install the CD in the DVD player, to add function, or fix bugs (or override region codes).

I did it on a gifted, broken Philips DVD rewriter, and it worked for 6 months (origional cost £1200!!!) blimey! After it failed for the second time, Philips said they do not support that item anymore..or sell parts.

But I think your old old man, is using it right, just functions that aren't available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back