Sony CD Changer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I had a problem with my Sony 606CDX CD changer only playing through one speaker which went with a Sony XR-C6100R head unit, the changer worked via a three leads a control and one white and one red lead. I bought a Sony 505RF CD changer thinking it would work with my head unit, I conected it up and my head unit knows it is there but just displays a reset message the 505 does not have a restet button and I have looked it up and it appears to need a hideaway module which has the reset button on it I don't have this module.

The head unit works two MD players and they work through all speakersand so does the radio so not sure whats wrong or how to make the 505RF work?

Sorry to have to ask a rather long question but I am hoping you can help.

Kind regards
Ray

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, the unit does not appear to have a reset button according to manual the reset button is located on the hideaway module which I don't have so unless someone can tell me how to rest the changer I am stumped to know what to do.

Kind regards
Ray

i think the hideaway unit is an integral part of the system and it wont work without it. you could try removing the head unit fuse with everything still connected up and see if a power down will do a reset.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried pushing the reset button on the head unit itself with the changer connected?

Yes tried that all it did was erase all my preset radio stations!

Regards

Back