Connecting MP3 player to car stereo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have recently bought an MP3 player and loaded it up with all of my CD's with the intention of playing it in the car. I have got it working by connecting it via the red and white audio cables at the back of the radio that I think are used for a CD changer if you fit one. It works ok except that it will only play through the rear speakers, it sounds reasonable enough but I would prefer it to play through all the speakers or even the fronts, does anybody have experience with in car entertainment systems who could possibly advise me.
Thanks. Dave

Sponsored Links
thats really usefull....................the red and white wires, you may as well have said the orange with blue spots cable. without knowing the "radio" and car its not a lot of use.

why not have one of
27793i0.jpg

from here

Ah, yes
First of all it is a Clarion radio cassette, not sure of the model I'm afraid but it does have the option to connect a cd changer. The red and white leads I mentioned are heavy duty cables with jack plugs on that you would find on a video camera. I don't care much for the cassete/cd adapter idea, they are a bit messy looking.

That is odd. Check through the manual and look it up.

A CD-changer is only a stereo source so if there was a problem it would only come out of one side. Which makes me think:

Are you sure that the speakers are all connected correctly? Try fiddling with the fader to make sure some dimwit hasn't wired the rear speakers to the left channel and the front to the right channel. If it has been gimped up, then you need to connect the speakers correctly and then thank me for permitting you to hear your music in glorious stereo!

Tape adaptors are rubbish, the sound quality is pants compared to a correct RCA/phono connection (as you have done)

Also, make sure that you have connected both leads to the INPUT jacks: if you have more than one input you may have connected the MP3 player to Left input 1, Right input 2. Or even connected it to the amplifier pre-outs (what you would use to connect up external amplifiers).

Sponsored Links
Back