mp3 connector for car stereo system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased a Vauxhall Corsa 1.2l 10 plate.

Is the input socket in the picture below suitable for connecting a smart phone and playing mp3's on the car stereo system? If so, what type of cable do I need?

9hlv1d.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks like a standard 3.5mm stereo jack such as the ones used on small portable headphones. You will need a lead to suit your devices but i think only ipods etc will run on a lead with 3.5mm jacks each end but i may be wrong.
Its a case of just trying out to see if it works, usually all the info is in the cars handbook.
Clean the car too, its a mess! :D

If it is a 3.5 jack it operates like earphones.

Used a tom tom media with media player, phone with earphone output or anything similar will work. All the controls remain on the remote device so beware of operating when driving.

If it is a 3.5 jack it operates like earphones.

Used a tom tom media with media player, phone with earphone output or anything similar will work. All the controls remain on the remote device so beware of operating when driving.

So does the "phone" end go into the headphone socket or the power socket (lightning connector for iPhone)?

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Back