Sony DCR-PC120E tape will not eject.. (split)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the same problem after the common black roller collar came off and the tape got stuck with C:31:23. I have the tape removed now but the deck will not retract back into the machine. I hae been meaning to attempt the force eject ( 4.5vdc ) in the svc manual for a few weeks now and I intend to do this later today. I will post my results here when I have tried it.
NB - I trained in radio/electronics so am competent enough to do this.

Sponsored Links
Tried to force eject earlier with good results. The eject motor was functioning and the mechanism rolled out and in as it should have done when a +5v dc and -5v dc was applied. All was ok, or so I thought. However, when I re assembled the unit and switched to VCR or Camera, the mecahnism rolled out as it should and the cassette carrier even popped up, but I am back to square one with the mechanism not retracting. I do not have the problem of the cassette not popping up or even locking down, my problem is the mechanism not rolling back and forth automatically.
This is a different problem to the original posters, but I thought I would add my results of the successful 'force eject' test.
Any help on my problem also appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back