Sony DCR-PC120E tape will not eject..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Sony DCr-PC120E camcorder and when I tried to replace the tape the deck eject mechanism did not pop so I can remove the tape.

Now I have searched up and down the internet and I've found several solutions, none of which worked for me.

I have no error codes what so ever.

I disassembled camera and FFWd the tape.. and when I switch to camera mode it alerts me that tape is finished and attempt and eject which does nto work, so what I did while it was attempting and eject is I gave it gentle helping hand pulling the deck a bit and it worked the deck poped so I removed the tape which was a bit shewed presumably cause it never relaly released it properly.

Now I shut the deck and the same thing again it wont pop and this time casue no tape inside it wont even attempt to eject.

I tried the swtich to VCR mode remove batter while cassette lid open etc... but it didnt work.

I have the service manual for this camcroder and they mention that I should connect a 4.5V DC power to the motor to force eject... I did not attempt that since the previous steps recommend I disconnect some motherboard cables which I did not and so I didnt really want to fry anything doing that... (They dont have a warning on that Service manual).

Any one got any bright ideas as to why the deck wont pop at all or even it wont attempt?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Charbel

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As an ex tv engineer I must tell you to tackle a camcorder repair is not recommended because of the complexity and size of mechanics of the deck it is really a job for the experts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back