SOS Woodburner flue

hi1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to connect a woodburner to my existing brick chimney. Because of the height of the chimney breast lintel i am restricted to taking the flue from the back of the woodburner. Having made some enquiries i have been told that any horizontal flue coming from the burner cannot be longer than that of a tee piece connector which appeared to be about 3 inches. Is this right. Building regs? I need a piece of flue at least 9 inches, just like her indoors, before i turn it 90 degrees up the chimney through a register plate and then into the original chimney void. I cannot put any of the burner into the fireplace because the hole is to small. The back of the burner will be virtually against the wall. To enlarge the hole involves lintels, knocking out bricks and presumably acros as well. I propose putting a soot door in the outside brick skin of the chimney for sweeping purposes.

Sponsored Links
i think you will find wood burners need a completly lined flue uf to the chimny :cry:

You may find this site helpful. Apart from the specific information on building regulations, it's worth browsing the whole site for useful advice on stoves, flues and chimneys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back