Sound and Vibration Proofing for Water pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a rental property with a Grundfos Home Booster (basically a tank that stores water and has an integral pump) to boost the pressure to the combi boiler.

The Unit is approx 1 m tall x 75cm wide and deep. It holds approx 120 litres of cold water.

It is situated in a cupboard in the hall on top of the wooden laminate flooring which goes throughout the flat. The laminate floor was laid on top of standard 6mm thick underlay tiles on top of a solid concrete floor.

The guy in the flat below is complaining about the noise (and possibly vibration) coming from the pump and that it keeps him up.

I cannot simply remove the Grundfos Home Booster as the water pressure is so bad.

I was thinking of a insulating / sound deadening mat which could be put underneath the unit. The cupboard itself has a huge amount of space above the unit, so I can lift it as much as possible.

Can anyone please help by recommending any other solutions, or in particular the type of matting or foam board that might be of use?

Thanks ever so much in advance.

Eddie

Sponsored Links
You could try standing the pump on a concrete paving slab, and stand the slab on a block of foam rubber.

The extra mass of the concrete cuts down the amplitude of the noise, and the foam cuts down the transmission to the floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back