Sound proofing studio floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i'm wanting to reduce the sound that travels through my floor and was wondering what you could recommend. It's for a new build upstairs extension (2 storey).

I've got sound board on the walls and ceiling. 200 mm fire proof mineral wool in the loft above, and 100 mm of mineral wool underneath the upstairs 22 mm chip board floor.

The upstairs room size (music room/studio) is 7.7 m long and 2.7 m wide. Underneath is a garage and utility room which are divided by a 300 mm insulated wall & fire door. The Utility room has sound board ceiling, garage has 2 layers of fireboard,The garage is 5 m long and the utility room is 2.4 m long. Both are 2.7 m wide.

the garage door is also 42mm insulated.

So upstairs i was wanting to have my music source above the utility room ceiling (2.4 x 2.7 m) rather than the hollow garage below.

What is the best method to stop my music and bass levels travelling into the upstairs floor and sounding loud in the garage area which could be heard outside?

Sponsored Links
The upstairs room size (music room/studio) is 7.7 m long and 2.7 m wide.

What is the best method to stop my music and bass levels travelling into the upstairs floor and sounding loud in the garage area which could be heard outside?

Turn the volume down??

My neighbours complain if I play my keyboard/ guitars, too loudly.
Through experimentation, I have found the only way is to not bother turning the amplifier on (250w per channel stereo mixer amp into Mackenzie speakers) ;) ;) ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back