Soundbar purchase (a general enquiry)

Lucid: this is a further development of this thread from me, and it will be the last, as everything is now resolved. I want to thank you again for your invaluable help in advising and recommending what I was enquiring about. I ordered the Yamaha SR-C20A soundbar from Amazon (along with the HDMI cable, and they arrived the next day. It is now set up, and is working just how I would have wanted it to (TV handset controls the volume). Also, it is exactly the same width as the TV set. which was an unexpected bonus. The sound is now much, much better than how it was without the sound-bar (in fact, the TV sound alone, and with the sound-bar, are not even in the same town, let alone the same street). You have saved me a great deal of work and worry (also money), so I can only thank you again, most sincerely.
L.L.

Sponsored Links
Lucid: You have saved me a great deal of work and worry (also money), so I can only thank you again, most sincerely.
L.L.
You're welcome and I'm glad it all worked out well.

I appreciate your thanks, but there's a small favour I will ask. In the footer area of each contributor's reply there are three word. One of those is Thanks. Here's how it looks when viewed on a Windows PC. It's similar when viewed via the browser on an Android phone. Apple may present it differently. I have circled the text with a red outline to highlight its position.
1690463206502.png

When you hover the mouse pointer over the word Thanks then two further icon appear, just so.

1690463345552.png

The icon that looks like a medal is the thanks button. The thumbs-up is used to signify a like. Confirmation balloons appear for each when the mouse is hovered over either affirming the specific function.

You have had a lot of help from various people besides me. We don't earn anything from the forum. The Thanks button marks a reader's appreciation of helpful advice, and it's a nice little kudos nod for the contributor. Do you think you could go back through the various posts and click on the thanks button for each you found helpful? It would be much appreciated by me and my fellow forum contributors. Thank you.

You're welcome and I'm glad it all worked out well.

I appreciate your thanks, but there's a small favour I will ask. In the footer area of each contributor's reply there are three word. One of those is Thanks. Here's how it looks when viewed on a Windows PC. It's similar when viewed via the browser on an Android phone. Apple may present it differently. I have circled the text with a red outline to highlight its position.
View attachment 309343

When you hover the mouse pointer over the word Thanks then two further icon appear, just so.

View attachment 309344
The icon that looks like a medal is the thanks button. The thumbs-up is used to signify a like. Confirmation balloons appear for each when the mouse is hovered over either affirming the specific function.

You have had a lot of help from various people besides me. We don't earn anything from the forum. The Thanks button marks a reader's appreciation of helpful advice, and it's a nice little kudos nod for the contributor. Do you think you could go back through the various posts and click on the thanks button for each you found helpful? It would be much appreciated by me and my fellow forum contributors. Thank you.
Lucid, I assure you that all replies in this thread have had the thanks button clicked. I would not dream of not acknowledging a well-meant response. I can't imagine why you have not noticed my thanking your own comments, for one. I shall click even on this latest from you. If it does not register, I shall be at a loss to explain, because I can only click on them and trust that they register. I clicked on your last "Thanks" button twice just now.
L.L.

Sponsored Links
Which resets/cancels the Thanks ;)
Ha, that could explain it. It may well be that I clicked twice, for the simple reason that my Marble Mouse has been playing up. Sometimes, a click will work OK, and sometimes it does not. Anyway, I shall go through the list of replies now, and do it again — correctly, I hope. Thanks Harry.
L.L.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back