Source code on my website

Right then

Ive just changed some stuff in the source, i had a look at a different page source and did it from that.
Does this look ok now ???

Also on a couple of pages ie the link, and the e-mail address, it does not matter how many times a change the writing colour it keeps going back to the same colour which is why i cant get it white like the rest.

Thanks Breezer etc and please let me know what you think now

Coggy

Sponsored Links
looks "all white" to me, but as your background is "yellow/orange" black may look better, but at least its all one colour, i will have a better look this evening, what are you making the pages with?

yes
Ive managed to get it all white now. Im using composer in Mozilla.

Thanks Coggy

Looks OK to me. The e-mail link is white because I think you have set it to be so, twice as far as I can see. Delete both and try again using just 'color = Blue' and see if that helps.

HTH

Sponsored Links
The & is a special string in HTML, it should render on the browser as a "&".

Coggy, one thing you might want to consider is to buy a domain name through a web hosting company and park it, most, if not all, will aloow a framed forwarding service so if someone types in jlcjoinery.co.uk for example, it will go to your BT internet page, BUT, and this is the good bit, it will still show in their header as jlcoinery.co.uk (or wahatever your domain name is).

For a small holding site like you have this is the cheapest and easiest way to get a domain presence without the nasty btinternet in the tag line.

One company that is good, allows this and gives great support is my host, a compnay called webconexion

go there direct ... here

You could also try oneandone.

jlcjoinery.co.uk only £1.99/year (Min. 2 year)

I have several domain names registered with them and they have never been a problem.

&amp is what html uses to denote an ampersand character - that is a '&' -

it needs to do this because the ampersand is a reserved character that is used to denote the begining of a special character string - therefore it cant be used simply as a & -
I imagine that the program you are writing your html in is replacing the '&' that you type with a '&amp' or if it isnt the server is.

I suggest that you either replace it with 'and' or try putting "" around the text

Hi Guys. this may help in improving your chances of getting listed in search engines. Many engines now 'spider' a web site looking for key words other than Meta tags.

A simple solution in my case was to put on the very top line a selection of key words in white on a white background - hence invisible, as this is the first thing on the site (proceeding any graphics) it is picked up and used in the description used by the search engine.

Do a google search using the words "worthing local" and my site should be the first (hopefully) go to the site and hi-light the space above the graphic to reveal all.

hope this is helpful.

neat trick halfajob.
and what a suprise - Im just over the river from you in adur.

I noticed that you havent used the meta tags in the header though.
you can add the meta search engine tag and get even more exposure from engines that use this tag to index sites - be carefull though overdoing it can lead to other engines lowering your ranking.

and another thing try registering with web directories as well as search engines. it takes a while but you get a review when your site is accepted and more people are using them nowadays - try google directory.

Sponsored Links
Back