for coggy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Coggy -

Sorry for the delay getting back to you - have been flat on my back with a cold :cry:

Was going to send you an email re. this but since you've raised it here, may as well reply.

Your mods look great. I can see what you've done with your title and Metadata tags; just the job. Only one small comment re. the Keywords tag - search engines don't like duplication... so @ present you have

<meta name="keywords"
content="Joiners, Sheffield, Assembling Flat Pack furniture, Furniture,Flat Pack assembly,">

If it were me, I would change this to

<meta name="keywords"
content="Joiners, Sheffield, Flat Pack assembly,">

Also, you can submit your URL to Google (etc) for instant inclusion... can't remember exactly how to do this but if you mooch around on Google you'll find it I'm sure. Saves waiting for them to crawl to your new URL.

Generally speaking - nice one. Good luck with it.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi cjgarlick

No probs, hope you are feeling better. I have just made them changes you recommended. Take a look, is that ok now ???

Thanks
Coggy

Hi Coggy,

Another thing that Google (and some other search engines) like is if you're part of a 'web community' hence the upsurge in what are called webrings. These are basically a load of websites that put links to each on their websites. Google sees this as community building and pushes you a little further up in the ranks. Also, it gives another path to your website (from the other websites) and search engines like that!

So how do you do this?

Perhaps diynot.com might consider a page of user websites. Do you know anyone else who has a website or a complimentary website (e.g. a website that sells paper hooks up with a website that sells pencils)? Send an e-mail to any websites that you think might be interested.

It doesn't cost a thing and can really help in the rankings war.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Back