Sources of Block plan maps 1:2500 and 1:500

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a cheeky way I can get hold of block plan maps without paying an online provider ~£20?

A related point - the online providers I've looked at so far don't even have up to date versions of the maps - the ones I've seen on neighbours applications are much better and reflect recent extensions etc. My house still shows a rear outside loo that was demolished over 30 years ago!

(I've thought about copying the maps from neighbours planning applications, but they tend to be centred around their propertly so would look odd)

Thanks

Gary

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It doesn't matter where you buy your map they're all sourced from the Ordnance Survey. Parts of the OS were updated yesterday and some were updated just after the war. If you really want to save twenty quid you could google an aerial photo and trace over. That might be a bit more up to date than the OS.

There are ways and means to do this guys, I can't believe none of you know how though. I'd have to kill you if I told you though! :cool:

I've bought a map of my property from the land registry website : £4. It's exactly the same [out of date] map that the other websites were selling, but you only get one map at a scale of something like 1:2000, so I've had to produce the 1:500 and 1:2500 versions and add the scale, direction of north, etc.

Cheers

Gary

If you do buy them from anywhere, try registering with Promap or similar as they provide you with the DXF file, which can be used in AutoCAD. We at work have an account with them and is VERY handy.

However, if you're wanting to provide a location/site plan for a property in/around Surrey, then you may be able to get away with using Surrey's Interactive Map :) However, some councils will refuse an application if that was used and submitted as it breaches copyright. But there's no reason why you can't use that to trace over using AutoCAD :)

Or... just buy them from the LA for around £20 :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back