Sourcing a Small Shower Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small shower cubicle under a sloping roof. The existing shower door is a Showerlux bifold 660mm wide x 1750mm high.

I can't see anything currently available of this size (or very close).

Any pointers, please?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Think the narrowest off-the-shelf size I've seen was 650 X 1850.
Some manufacturers offer custom made sizes and shapes.
Maybe a caravan shower door would fit.

TicklyT,

Thank you for replying. A brilliant lateral thought re caravans, but I couldn't Google anything suitable.

The most suitable ones I've seen so far are by Simpsons - width 600-660 and height 1850. The old tray is 120 high and the new ones are all c60, so the 1850 height ones should just work - but I would have liked to use a mounting frame under the tray to increase the (shallow) run-off.

Anyone know of 1750 high doors? I've got to order tomorrow as my builder starts Wednesday!

Thanks,

Rob

Sponsored Links
The shallow run-off is from the waste. The current tray holds a fair bit of water - the current ones have much less margin for safety.

Rob

then fit an high flow trap or the pipework hasn't got enough fall or under sized.
should never need to tilt a tray otherwise it can cause untold problems with tiling or the shower door.

seco s,

Thanks for taking the trouble . . . .

No intention to tilt tray or door. But a couple of times in past my kids have unwittingly partially blocked the drainage with soap/paper/etc. So the more safety margin in outflow and tray depth the better!

Now, let me find out what a high flow trap is!!

Thanks,

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back