South American boycott?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, 31 leaders in South America are apparently backing the current Argentine regime in their aims to... let's be honest here, acquire the mineral rights to the Falkland Islands. :eek:

It might be that these S. American leaders honestly support this. It might just be posturing because they want something from Argentina at the conference (or, they want a share of the profits). Whatever it is, I've decided I'm going to boycott South American produce for now. :idea:

I've not knowingly bought anything from Argentina, but I was always happy to buy stuff from every other S. American country.

So, no more delicious Chilean wine, modestly-priced transexual prostitutes from Brazil, cocaine from pretty much everywhere else and definitely no pube-haired 1980s cheaty footballers. Sure, that means I'll only be giving up one thing, but I'm willing to pay full-price from now on.

And as they refuse to call the Falkland Islands by their proper name, I hereby declare that I shall henceforth refer to Argentina as Galtieristan and Buenos Aires as Thatcherville, as a gentle reminder to them. :eek:

Who's with me? :D

Sponsored Links
So, no more delicious Chilean wine, modestly-priced transexual prostitutes from Brazil, cocaine from pretty much everywhere else and definitely no pube-haired 1980s cheaty footballers. Sure, that means I'll only be giving up one thing, but I'm willing to pay full-price from now on.

What...?????????? :eek: your giving up the modestly priced transexual prostitutes from brazil... ????????? :eek:

What...?????????? :eek: your giving up the modestly priced transexual prostitutes from brazil... ????????? :eek:

Well, despite the currently weak exchange rate, I'll be sourcing mine from China...

Fortunately I'll be making a net saving as they charge by the inch.

I'm talking bra sizes people. Jeez, minds are in the gutter! :p

Sponsored Links
I've not knowingly bought anything from Argentina
Eaten a corned beef sandwich?

Nope, never. It's quite possible I HAVE bought something with Argentine content without knowing it, but I've not knowingly bought anything. I always check the origin of my fruit, veg, meat and wine so

Fortunately Fray Bentos pies are made in Kings Lynn by a British company (Premier Foods) out of British beef. Hooray! :D

TBH I'm disappointed in Chile and the CARICOM members if they actually DO support Argentina on this latest attempt... :evil:

Would you say the same if Argentina made a claim on the Hebrides? You only have to look at a map to see that the Malvinas belong to Argentina.

Would you say the same if Argentina made a claim on the Hebrides?
Nope - would be more than happy for them to have these islands.

You only have to look at a map to see that the Malvinas belong to Argentina.
"Possession is nine tenths of the law". Whaddya thing to that justification, upon which most empires have been built.

Then let he Islander's pay for their own protection. Why should I support them?

255 British Army soldiers died taking back the Falklands, that must never be forgotten.

British Army; be the best. ;)

Argentinia lost over 640. What a shame :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back