South East Water as well.

Utilities have been privates across the EU and the world, must be the conservative governments fault
and many havent

very few water companies are privately owned around the world

So yes it is 100% Conservative govts fault

Sponsored Links
Water companies are run by a bunch of crooks / spivs and scoundrels ;) ( yes exactly )

Loads of foreigners with there snouts in the trough

Loads of foreigners with there snouts in the trough
You can't blame them, they've been very profitable for them. I don't see what difference it makes whether they're foreign or not, either way they just want profit to pay dividends.

We should all stop being so bloody british and have a mass non-payment of utility bills, bankrupt the lot of them.

You can't blame them, they've been very profitable for them. I don't see what difference it makes whether they're foreign or not, either way they just want profit to pay dividends.

We should all stop being so bloody british and have a mass non-payment of utility bills, bankrupt the lot of them.

Well I have lead by example than as I have not paid Thames any thing for over a year :cool:

And southern water keep referring to me as Mrs Transam and as such due to the data protection act cannot speak to me about the caper

:cool:

As for a masse non payment that ain’t going to
Happen

I bought into all that caper when the poll tax was introduced over 200 of us turned up at Court due to non payment

Out side the court were some fruit cakes telling every one to stick together if we do there is nowt they can do

Out of the 200 ( plus ) only 4 of us refused to cough up
Me
My mate
My mates brother
And some one who did not turn up

Stick together :ROFLMAO: load of baloney

The rest of em
All caved in

Sponsored Links

In a war of attrition it is probably you who would end up bankrupt.
The only way to change things is through the ballot box.

and many havent

very few water companies are privately owned around the world

So yes it is 100% Conservative govts fault
Water companies in Britain are already state owned, the problem is that it isn't the British state that owns them.
Thames Water is owned by a consortium of pension funds and sovereign wealth funds, including the state-owned China Investment Company and Abu Dhabi's own national investment authority.

Last edited:
Water companies in Britain are already state owned, the problem is that it isn't the British state that owns them.
Thames Water is owned by a consortium of pension funds and sovereign wealth funds, including the state-owned China Investment Company and Abu Dhabi's own national investment authority.

Conservative policy.

What tne fu*k are we doing allowing chinn@ to own one of our key services.

Blup

Privatisation and foreign ownership are different things. In Spain for example, Private company Ferrovial were protected from acquisition by Spanish critical infrastructure law. This enabled them to buy BAA under the last Labour government's watch. A company that was vastly wealthier than the acquirer, but not protected from acquisition. Labour had 8 years sleeping at the wheel and took no steps to stop it.

Eventually they were forced to break up the monopoly, but a fantastic UK PLC had been destroyed by then.

Let's blame Rishi Sunak.

Why bother? Every election is decided according to has the best hairstyle, the distance between the pupils, your MSM of choice & what your parents voted for.

Nobody actually reads the manifesto's or expects them to adhere to one anymore.

Good news!

Thames Water has secured £750m of emergency funding from its shareholders but the debt-ridden company warned it would need further funding in the years ahead. The new funds come on top of £500m which investors pumped into Britain’s biggest water company in March.
The company said on Monday it had secured £750m to run to March 2025. It indicated that a further £2.5bn would be needed to cover the five years to 2030 and said that shareholders had “acknowledged” that further equity support would be needed to turn around the ailing company.

Breaking News@the Grunaida

Privatisation and foreign ownership are different things. In Spain for example, Private company Ferrovial were protected from acquisition by Spanish critical infrastructure law. This enabled them to buy BAA under the last Labour government's watch. A company that was vastly wealthier than the acquirer, but not protected from acquisition. Labour had 8 years sleeping at the wheel and took no steps to stop it.

Eventually they were forced to break up the monopoly, but a fantastic UK PLC had been destroyed by then.

Let's blame Rishi Sunak.
Yes new labour were as bad, that's what happens when you parrot tory policies to keep the floating voters happy. Starmer's going down that exact same route.

Blup

Good news!

Thames Water has secured £750m of emergency funding from its shareholders but the debt-ridden company warned it would need further funding in the years ahead. The new funds come on top of £500m which investors pumped into Britain’s biggest water company in March.
The company said on Monday it had secured £750m to run to March 2025. It indicated that a further £2.5bn would be needed to cover the five years to 2030 and said that shareholders had “acknowledged” that further equity support would be needed to turn around the ailing company.

Breaking News@the Grunaida
Presumably the investors are going to get more back out in the next two years than they put in, otherwise they wouldn't bother.

Prepare for asset stripping - it sounds like they think the carcass still has a few bits of meat left on it that they can pick off over the next couple of years, leaving absolutely nothing left when the government eventually has to pick up the pieces.

Perhaps they could sell their reservoirs to tax other companies and agree to lease them back? This is what usually happens with basket-case companies that still own assets - e.g. MG Rover...

MG ROVER has sold most of its Longbridge manufacturing site in a £42.5m deal.
The 35-year sale-and-leaseback deal with Birmingham-based property developer St Modwen will result in the car maker paying an annual lease of £3.6m.

Sponsored Links
Back