South East Water as well.

Sponsored Links
Just Stop Oil (and everyone from going about their lawful business)
I have no time for such protest groups. It's an incredibly complex challenge and the answer is not to destroy access to energy, jobs etc while we transition to clean energy. Just stop oil, just don't get it. They don't even have any credible proposals other than stopping upstream licensing.

Motorbiking pretends to think that the NFU is a workers trade union.

But he doesn't really believe it.

Sponsored Links
Are you pretending that the NFU isn't a business owners association?

NFU represents farmers, which are both businesses AND people. In a way it's both, as many farms are small businesses consisting of a family or just one person.

But where these farms employ people then the NFU represents the employer, not the employee.

It represents farms, exactly as the name suggests. Is this too complicated for some?

It represents farms, exactly as the name suggests

Not "exactly" as the name suggests.
"Farmers", yes.

"....... the National Farmers’ Union (NFU) of England and Wales............"

Is this too complicated for some?

Evidently.

Motorbiking doesn't really believe that the NFU is a trade union.

He's just pretending.

Ship, rats, sinking

"Thames Water’s biggest investor slashed the value of its stake last year, raising questions about how easy it will be for the indebted UK utility to persuade shareholders to inject much needed equity.

The Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System, one of Canada’s biggest public sector pension funds, owns a 31 per cent stake in Thames Water, held through multiple investment vehicles including a Singapore-registered entity that owns about a fifth of the company. Omers Farmoor Singapore PTE cut the value of its stake in Kemble Water, Thames Water’s parent company, by almost £300mn last year, a near 30 per cent writedown, according to corporate filings reviewed by the Financial Times. The entity valued its stake in Kemble at £979mn at the end of 2021, before reducing the value to about £700mn last year. Omers declined to comment."

FT.com

Not "exactly" as the name suggests.
"Farmers", yes.

"....... the National Farmers’ Union (NFU) of England and Wales............"

Evidently.
Errr... OK, whatever...

6a010535ce1cf6970c01bb09eec9d4970d-500wi

I have no time for such protest groups. It's an incredibly complex challenge and the answer is not to destroy access to energy, jobs etc while we transition to clean energy. Just stop oil, just don't get it. They don't even have any credible proposals other than stopping upstream licensing.

So just stop oil are not very effective then.

But you did have time for the EU Brexit protest group.

was that those supporting Brexit or protesting Brexit?

I have no problem with lawful protest. I have a problem with people doing things to disrupt others and calling it justified. cretin rebellion, just stop everyone working etc. They wind people up to the point they get angry and end up getting arrested for assault. People who have to get to work to get paid, while the vest wearing numpties do their best to impersonate a funeral procession deliberately blocking traffic. I suspect none of the protestors are paid by the job.

Motorbiking doesn't really believe that the NFU is a trade union.

He's just pretending.
I used the term union. You added the term trade. though I would consider being a farmer a trade or profession.

The NFU clearly operate as union to protect and represent its members. Get them a better deal etc. You know pay, terms conditions and the stuff that the lefty unions you love champion.

Are you against Unions JohnD? There is hope yet.

There are some 130 unions in the UK, my guess is more of them are Labour supporters than Tory. Big Business lots of Labour Supporters line the roadside with posters.

That was motorbiking, pretending to think that the NFU was a Trade Union.

He didn't really believe if.

Sponsored Links
Back