Sovereign Hey'di K11 tanking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a wall in my lounge which is partly ( up to 1,5m) underground which had been dry but which had to be striped following a flood in the room from another source.

The coursed rubble wall had been injected with a chemical DPC at 100mm intervals vertically and horizontally into the joints, painted with bitumen and then had a layer of polythene placed on top before being studded, boarded and skimmed. Behind the polythene the wall was damp but not enough to reach the plasterboard.

I am getting differing views from damp contractors. One simply wants to replace what we had (if it ain't broke don't fix it) and perhaps upgrade the mateials to something more substantial. The other wants to use the Soverign Hey'di K11 system to tank it. I am happy with the tanking option but it only comes with a 10 year installers warranty with no insurers back up should that contractor go bust or cease to trade.

Anybody know if the Hey-di K11 should have a longer warranty and if there are companies offering an insurance backed warranty? I did find one contractor suggesting that Soveriegn offer the warranty but only through approved contractors.

The contractor told me that Soverign guranteed the work but I think that is just the materials, not the application and looking at the spec sheet it is not easy or simple to apply.

Anybody know the product and the warranty details?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back