Space requirements for 550mm cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Am hoping someone could give me a steer on this.

We're doing some remodeling work in the house together with changing the entire central heating system.

The likely cylinder (300l, vented with solar compatibility) for the heating is 550mm diameter inclusive of insulation. I've read that one needs 30cm to 50cm for access/maintenance.

The space I have is 75cm wide at the door and 1m deep. Would that be sufficient?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

M.

Sponsored Links
1. What is the width of the space beyond the door?
2. Provided width is around 1 metre, might be tight but should be doable.
3. If its much bigger than your old one, make sure the floor can take the weight (about 1/3 of a tonne).

Thanks for following up. I've put comments below.

1. What is the width of the space beyond the door? ----- 80cm width behind the door
2. Provided width is around 1 metre, might be tight but should be doable. ----- The 1m is the depth. If pipework is parallel to the door then there might be an issue!
3. If its much bigger than your old one, make sure the floor can take the weight (about 1/3 of a tonne). ----- Should be ok as there's a concrete internal wall beneath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back