Spain - worse than UK?

Absolutely no comparison. Fox hunting is banned. So you think a dog killing a fox(natural instinct) is worse than a Spaniard throwing live animals from high buildings?

There's nothing natural about a group of fat blokes and posh old women on horses training a pack of dogs to hunt down a wild animal for fun. The act of a dog ripping a fox to shreds may be 'natural' but the situation is entirely artificial. It is also far from banned in practice (hello trail hunting) and I know this because I sab hunts.

In my view they are totally comparable.

Sponsored Links
There's nothing natural about a group of fat blokes and posh old women on horses training a pack of dogs to hunt down a wild animal for fun. The act of a dog ripping a fox to shreds may be 'natural' but the situation is entirely artificial. It is also far from banned in practice (hello trail hunting) and I know this because I sab hunts.

have you seen that video clip of a hound trainer throwing a fox cub into a stall full of fox hounds -to train them for the smell

absolutely disgusting

have you seen that video clip of a hound trainer throwing a fox cub into a stall full of fox hounds -to train them for the smell

absolutely disgusting

I've not seen it no, but videos like it get shared on some of the 'Keep the Ban' pages I follow on FB. To me it's done by the same ilk who enjoy blood sports in Spain referenced here.

I've been behind hedgerow and seen blokes on quads (mid-Notts area) go out into areas with dens and block them up so that the hounds can dig out the cubs. There's no 'sport' in that at all (if there ever was in the first place). It's just deliberate massacre of wildlife.

So you would support shooting foxes then? They need controlling some way.

Sponsored Links

I love the immediate assumption that the only alternative is death by shooting. They are of course a pest to certain aspects of farming, but they also aid farmers in that they naturally hunt rabbits and predators of young tree saplings.

Control/prevention? Yes — there are loads of approaches. Hunting them for fun? Nah, especially when so many of the ‘hunters’ aren’t farmers or connected to farms. There’s a difference.

I love the immediate assumption that the only alternative is death by shooting. They are of course a pest to certain aspects of farming, but they also aid farmers in that they naturally hunt rabbits and predators of young tree saplings.

Control/prevention? Yes — there are loads of approaches. Hunting them for fun? Nah, especially when so many of the ‘hunters’ aren’t farmers or connected to farms. There’s a difference.

Bizarre that people try to sell fox hunting as a way of helping out farmers with pest control. Are we to believe that these people spend thousands each year keeping horses and hounds because of charitable intentions? Are they giving up their time to chase across the country on horseback in the interests of British agriculture? Do they really expect us to believe that dozens of knobs on horseback and a pack of hounds are really an efficient, humane means of pest control compared to landowners with guns?

Of course not. They're just inadequate, blood-thirsty sickos with too much time and money. "The unspeakable chasing the inedible."

Why do foxes need 'controlling'?

Would you support shooting human beings?

Because we are a far bigger threat to Earth's ecosystem!

On the shoot last weekend, the farmer whose land the shoot is held on normally comes along and joins in. This week he shot a fox! "****ing things" was all he muttered afterwards.

Many 'traditions', eg. cock fighting, bear baiting, have already been outlawed, but one or two more barbaric traditions need to go the same way.

I wonder why those got properly banned, but hunting survived ... hmmmm ... couldn't be rich v poor, could it?

The land owner.

Although, some landowners don't want them passing through on their land, but they do anyway.
A friend from Norfolk used to have loads of problems with the hunt causing damage when trespassing because they just follow those dogs no matter where they decide to go.

Sponsored Links
Back