Spanish honour...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At least the Spanish top people in charge of their train f*ck up had the honour to resign...

"Two top Spanish transport officials have resigned over a botched order for new commuter trains that cost nearly €260m ($275m; £230m).The trains could not fit into non-standard tunnels in the northern regions of Asturias and Cantabria.
The head of Spain's rail operator Renfe, Isaías Táboas, and the Secretary of State for Transport, Isabel Pardo de Vera, have now left their roles. The design fault was made public earlier this month.
The Spanish government says the mistake was spotted early enough to avoid financial loss."

I wonder if any of those involved in the £100bn f*ck up that is HS2 will resign?

More likely they'll get a fast ride to the house of lords! (n)

Sponsored Links
Say what you like about HS2 but I'll bet our trains will fit through each and every tunnel ;)

Sponsored Links
Ah, they’re a honourable lot those loveable Europeans aren’t they? Bless 'em.

Oh wait. No, they’re not!

Linky Linky

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It's an old link. Very old. But this came from it....

The MPs have referred themselves to the UK Parliament's standards watchdog while British Labour leader Ed Miliband has written to Prime Minister David Cameron calling for a ban on MPs having second jobs.

I believe the original article (original thread) said they were fired. I guess this could be an additional 2 people.

I believe the original article (original thread) said they were fired. I guess this could be an additional 2 people.
Yeah. So, no Spanish honour involved. Unlucky Ellal.

"Currently, two persons with a responsibility regarding the situation have now been dismissed. Renfe president Isaías Táboas dismissed the person who was manager of the Material Management area of Renfe Viajeros at the time of the narrow gauge trains project from his responsibilities, the operator said in a statement. Adif has dismissed the head of its Inspection and Track Technology headquarters as a preventive measure, various Spanish media report. Spain’s Minister of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda, Raquel Sánchez had already said on Saturday that there would be dismissals at the public companies".

Ah, they’re a honourable lot those loveable Europeans aren’t they? Bless 'em.

Oh wait. No, they’re not!
So no different to the Tories, then ion that they resign and apologise when they have completely stuffed up.

Oh wait a mo'...

I will, if you want...

...the main problem I see is that it's as rare as rocking horse doo-doo, or is that unicorn poo, or even Brexit benefits? :LOL: :oops:

If you started a pension today, would you expect to reap benefits tomorrow?

If you invested some money today, would you be expecting to see a profit tomorrow?

If you planted some seeds today, would you expect to see plants growing tomorrow?

Answer to all three of course is 'no'. Why was everyone expecting instant benefits from Brexit especially in light of a pandemic, a war in Europe and a general world recession? Brexiteers aren't. Remoaners are asking "why not"? Who are the fools here?

Sponsored Links
Back