Spare parts for Appliance Backflow preventer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our dishwasher is connected to the drains via one of these drain kits available from Screwfix which include a backflow preventer: https://www.screwfix.com/p/washing-...d=589712#product_additional_details_container

Unfortunately last weekend the dishwasher stopped working and having taken the drain pump out the dishwasher I eventually tracked the problem down. The backflow preventer was blocked. Having cleared it out I discovered that the return spring was rusted and no longer sealing the pipe. While the dishwasher works it is obviously no longer correctly installed and needs fixed.

Before I head out to screwfix and buy a full replacement kit for the sake of a spring can anyone tell me if it is possible to buy either replacement springs or more likely just the backflow preventer without the rest of this kit. My google skills aren't turning anything up.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back