Spare wheel ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't mind settling on a car, wheels or not !
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
some cars dont have em. I think you get a can of sealant if you get a puncture.. others on here may tell you more. a neighbour bought a spare wheel but as there's no spare wheel well it takes lots of room up in the boot.

Cans of sealant / inflation gas probably work when the tyre has a small puncture. But not if the tyre is damaged after being run flat for a short distance while finding a safe place to stop.

A spare wheel ( and the knowledge / ability to change a wheel in safety ) is the far better option.

Cans of sealant / inflation gas probably work when the tyre has a small puncture. But not if the tyre is damaged after being run flat for a short distance while finding a safe place to stop.

A spare wheel ( and the knowledge / ability to change a wheel in safety ) is the far better option.
Yup.. much better than cans of inflation sealant stuff. but thats what they offer unfortunatly. If you buy a car then get a wheel.. and knowledge if needed.. just a thought, if they dont supply spare wheels do they supply tools? jack wheel brace?

Sponsored Links
if they dont supply spare wheels do they supply tools? jack wheel brace?
Nope, they seem to be part of the "spare wheel kit" if one is offered for a particular car. I recently found out that a space saver "kit" for a Mazda 3 includes a wheel, jack, wheel key, foamy surround thing to make it fit neat under the boot, a screw to hold the spare wheel down in the boot, a screw to hold the jack in the boot side panel, but... wait for it... no tyre! You've to buy that separately and get it fitted - and they want £300 for the kit!

Back