spares delivered to your door, your opinions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got trade accounts and I'm a member of the vaxuhall trade club and I'm trying to gauge interest in selling bits online.
for instance
long life super synthetic 5w30 5 ltrs £18.75 General Motors vauxhall brand(£3.75 ltr) £25.75 delivered

Halfords sell castrol same grade 4.5 ltrs £26.99(5.99 ltr) £31.98 delivered and you get half a litre less

also sell vauxhall, fram and crossland filters ngk/bosch plugs etc etc

My delivery service is next day from when payment clears and up to 10 kg £7.00

What I would like to know is would you use ebay for this service and what types of items would you buy and how much would you spend to bother with the internet, basically is it worth doing or would you only consider an online website/halfords or local factors.

any comments or suggestions as I'm not trying to hard sell bits, just I've realised that I've had the option of doing the above and never tried it

thanks
Daniel

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't buy oil over the internet. No way to guarrantee its been "upright" all the way.

I don't think I have ever looked on ebay nor the internet for oil, brakepads, sparkplugs etc. I'm probably a bit too cautious to buy this type of stuff on the internet for fear of fake / substandard parts. I tend to go direct to my local garage and let them order the items for me, which for peace of mind I know they come from the local factors and are guarenteed.

Sponsored Links
I understand that worry, I sell lucas, ferrodo,ngk general motors and other makes that people have heard of, maybe I would be better networking through people rather than the net-again thanks for all replies as it helps gauge interest/concerns

crafty1289 said:
Wouldn't buy oil over the internet. No way to guarrantee its been "upright" all the way.

Cant see your point here

Providing you buy from a reputable supplier (who will replace any damaged delivery) there isn't a problem, ALL decent oil is packaged in containers that wont leak under normal use.

Personally i buy mine from http://www.opieoils.co.uk/
They are even cheaper if you are a member of one of there recognized clubs of forums.

that would be damagd in transit and insured- I've sent head lights etc no problems :) the prices on the above website are more expensive than mine-I
think maybe a website the way to go in terms of making people feeel that this is the real deal even though I have 100% feedback on ebay

I buy my stuff from GSF. They have an online shop, but its easier to go in then you can tell them everything they need, and if your not sure on a part its easy to take both options and return the unused.

I wish you luck with your venture, but to be completely honest, i think most people are going to find it a lot less hassle to go down to Halfords or an independant motor shop, and pay the bit extra for convenience. If you're servicing your car, its one of those things that you usually need everything "there and then", not in one or 2 days time.

teaker1s said:
the prices on the above website are more expensive than mine-I
think maybe a website the way to go in terms of making people feeel that this is the real deal even though I have 100% feedback on ebay

Pity i didnt find see yours then, i just paid £37.49 (4 ltrs) for fully synthetic long life VW506.01, but that also included delivery.

Not many people stock 506.01 though.

Personally i wouldn't buy stuff like this from eBay UNLESS the seller had a (eBay) shop - so it would be replaced IF damaged in transit.

What's your eBay id Daniel? (post a link to your stuff)

Gizmo_68 said:
What's your eBay id Daniel? (post a link to your stuff)
it will get removed, mods dont like advertising.

crafty1289 said:

MOD2, please identify yourself when adding onto posts!!!! That should also be a rule! ;) :cool:

an example of this is i am changing my car radio to an aftermarket one,But i needed a adaptor harness iso,i rang halfords and they wanted nearly £15......i got one off a well known auction site (brand new) for £6.50 all in....So sometimes it does work out cheaper.

Vokera.

The moral being don't ever go to Halfords. (unless you're going to nick something)

Personally I'm a touchy-feely sort who likes to actually see and examine when I'm buying car stuff. With so many models and model variations I always feel safer when I can cross-check or ask. The key issue for me would be one of accurate identification - i.e. being able to accurately identify the part myself and then do the same from some on-line list.

Sponsored Links
Back