Spate of Attacks on Gay People

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
I only wanted to go into smiths for a car mag got sort of accosted by some fruit cakes asking me to sign some petition basically told them to go and do one
You should have shown them your photo of your favourite gay American man and chatted about throbbing V8 engines. You'd have go along famously.

Sponsored Links
Do they have less rights than anyone else?
Historically yes, they couldn't marry until only 8 years ago.

There is still plenty of homophobia out there, see the Steven Port murders. Then there's the really low level petty bullshit. You might be able to class that as rights, I think of it as some parts of society still being a bit **** at times.

And let's not forget there are still enough people around that would roll back those rights if they were in charge.

Sponsored Links
Have there been cases of beheadings of two gay men before, in Ireland or anywhere else?

Pretty sure that’s a common occurrence in the Middle East.

Either way, yes I’m sure it probably has happen before, to gay men or otherwise.

Murders happen all the time for all sorts of reasons, you’re drawing connections between different murders in completely different countries with the only correlation that the victim was gay.

It’s interesting that these have happened close together but I don’t think it speaks to any great spike in homophobic sentiment around the world.

I've not seen any footage or pics of this march so can't comment on whether or not any of it crossed a line in terms of being indecent.

What I would say is be careful what you wish for. Assuming there was nothing illegal or indecent going on (in terms of the law) I say live and let live. We should be thankful we live in a country where marches like this can take place.

And why shouldn't it be colourful, exciting? Look at Mardi Gras, Notting Hill Carnival etc.

I have no problem with things being loud, colourful, exciting and all that jazz.

My point is that they are often overtly and over the top sexual in nature. I get that a part of pride is that sexual activity between lgbt was illegal in the past so this is part of the expression of their self’s …… but do we really need a creepy guy in a gimp mask and leathers on a dog leash being lead around by some guy in a thong, waving at passing children. I’m not a prude but I just kinda question the thinking and motives of doing that.

It just has a seedy nature to it often, rather than a Mardi Gras type explosion of colour, dancing and celebration.

And before anyone says it, yes I know the majority of Pride marches are actually like this (Mardi Gras) and more power to them.

I have no problem with things being loud, colourful, exciting and all that jazz.

It just has a seedy nature to it often, rather than a Mardi Gras type explosion of colour, dancing and celebration.
Would that be like the Mardi Gras parade where women flash their tits to get people to throw beads at them? That one?

Would that be like the Mardi Gras parade where women flash their tits to get people to throw beads at them? That one?

Is this the Mardi Gras Parade you’re talking about, where the organisers expressly rule against that behaviour and the cops will arrest you during the day or off Bourboun Street?

No Nudity

You’ve probably seen or heard about the way some people come by beads. Police officers might be somewhat lenient about that sort of behavior on Bourbon Street, but it isn’t tolerated along the parade routes. Keep all your clothes on!

Contrary to popular belief outside of New Orleans, Carnival is overwhelmingly a family-friendly holiday. Many New Orleanians take their kids to parades, and a good rule to apply here is, if you wouldn’t do something in front of kids in your hometown, you shouldn’t do it here (exceptions to this rule include screaming, dancing and waving your arms to score beads). Plus, in this day and age you will probably end on the Internet, and not in a good way. We can’t stress this enough: Do NOT flash for beads.”

Is it that Mardi Gras you’re talking about, aye?

Pretty sure that’s a common occurrence in the Middle East.....Murders happen all the time for all sorts of reasons, you’re drawing connections between different murders in completely different countries with the only correlation that the victim was gay.
Forget the Middle East - these things are expected there; these murders happened in the civilised world. If you are determined to see these murders as routine occurrences, can you tell me when, in Europe, there was such a series of murders of gays, including double beheadings?

Forget the Middle East - these things are expected there; these murders happened in the civilised world. If you are determined to see these murders as routine occurrences, can you tell me when, in Europe, there was such a series of murders of gays, including double beheadings?

As I think I’ve explained two times now, you are over focussing on the relevance of them being gay, there has been uncountable double murders in Europe including beheadings. Terrible things happen all the time for all manner of reasons, people are killed for being black, for being white, for being female, for being X religion, for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It’s a terrible thing.

I really don’t understand the point you’re trying to make, other than multiple murders of gay men happened in various countries within a span of 2-3 years.

Maybe if you tell us exactly what conclusion you are trying draw here then I might be able to give you an answer that satisfies you?

Maybe if you tell us exactly what conclusion you are trying draw here then I might be able to give you an answer that satisfies you?
Andy (like Trans) often attack Muslims and will steer a thread towards their anti Muslim rhetoric.

Last edited:
Andy (like Trans) often attack Muslims and will steer a thread towards their anti Muslim rhetoric.

Porkie pies again Noseall

Mind you your homo phobic attitude would fit in well with said religion ??? ;)

Sponsored Links
Back