Spate of Attacks on Gay People

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18243

There has been a number of attacks on gay folk recently, the one most covered in the news being the Oslo attack in June in which two people were killed. Less well-known is the beheading (yes, beheading) of two gay men in Ireland in April. Then there were the murders of three gay men in Reading in 2020.

Homosexual people have been freer in recent years than they have ever been, thanks to cultural change and massive shifts in thinking. SO why these recent killings? Why do we hear so much about gay pride and LGBT and so little about these increasing threats to end that much fought-for freedom? Whether you agree with gay rights or not, surely these incidents should be brought to prominence.

Sponsored Links
I heard that a lot of murders in UK are of women killed by their current, past or putative husbands, boyfriends, lovers and casual sex partners.

Homosexual people have been freer in recent years than they have ever been, thanks to cultural change and massive shifts in thinking. SO why these recent killings? Why do we hear so much about gay pride and LGBT and so little about these increasing threats to end that much fought-for freedom? Whether you agree with gay rights or not, surely these incidents should be brought to prominence.
I was surprised to see the video at the London Pride this year of anti-LGBT protesters. I mean, what? How does someones sexual preferences affect these protesting grey haired middle aged white men? It just seems so unnecessary.

I heard that a lot of murders in UK are of women killed by their current, past or putative husbands, boyfriends, lovers and casual sex partners.

I read today about another wife in Ilford murdered by her husband. Life the git got. 3 young kids now with no parents.

Sponsored Links
I was surprised to see the video at the London Pride this year of anti-LGBT protesters. I mean, what? How does someones sexual preferences affect these protesting grey haired middle aged white men? It just seems so unnecessary.
I didn't see the surprising video.

What was surprising about it? Did the grey haired middle aged white men behead or shoot anybody at London Pride? That would be surprising.

I’m all for live and let live but some of the perverted prancing i seen online was disgusting. If straight people did the same in public they’d be arrested. Nothing to be ashamed of about being gay, but also nothing to be proud of the way some of them went on (It was a minority i’ll add).

I didn't see the surprising video.

What was surprising about it? Did the grey haired middle aged white men behead or shoot anybody at London Pride? That would be surprising.
??
I said everything in my post.

I thought you meant there was a spate of killings in the UK, this is three different countries... there are murders in general in every country all the time for all sorts of reasons. I'm not trying to diminish how terrible these murders are but I don't think it points to some huge uptick in murders targeting the LGBT.

In general things have progressed well in terms of acceptance of LGBT people... guys I know who about 10 years ago would have been quick to stress how disgusted they are by the thought of gay men are all pretty open minded about things these days and the kids in school are vehemently anti-homophobic.

I kinda agree with @gigz about the Pride marches though, why exactly do these events have to be so overtly sexual in nature. You can celebrate being gay and being proud of this without wearing a pair of arseless leather chaps, bare-chested and gyrating your **** at passing children.

I've not seen any footage or pics of this march so can't comment on whether or not any of it crossed a line in terms of being indecent.

What I would say is be careful what you wish for. Assuming there was nothing illegal or indecent going on (in terms of the law) I say live and let live. We should be thankful we live in a country where marches like this can take place.

And why shouldn't it be colourful, exciting? Look at Mardi Gras, Notting Hill Carnival etc.

I've not seen any footage or pics of this march so can't comment on whether or not any of it crossed a line in terms of being indecent.

What I would say is be careful what you wish for. Assuming there was nothing illegal or indecent going on (in terms of the law) I say live and let live. We should be thankful we live in a country where marches like this can take place.

And why shouldn't it be colourful, exciting? Look at Mardi Gras, Notting Hill Carnival etc.
This. The Notting hill carnival would be a good comparison.

LGBT people have had to fight for their rights, are still fighting for them now and there is still a large strain of bigotry loitering in the public consciousness. Only by being loud, proud and obvious can that bigotry be exposed and condemned.

The gay community have fought for their rights but some of them will knock this back years with some of the depraved antics they were getting up to, especially as it was done in front of young kids:mad:

about the Pride marches though, why exactly do these events have to be so overtly sexual in nature. You can celebrate being gay and being proud of this without wearing a pair of arseless leather chaps, bare-chested and gyrating your **** at passing children.
To be honest, it's nothing that most music videos don't show which kids see all the time. The only difference is that its for pride and the music vids tend to be women.

Some woman has got a big compensation pay out plus exonerated by the court of appeal

She was sort of weaselled out of a company because of her view that you cannot change your sex

Upset the shouty snow flakes / fruit cakes who seem to
Be taking the country over

I
Heard that the term dinner lady may Be dropped in schools

We had a traffic hold up down this way a while back with some rainbow ?? Parade

They painted rain bow colours across the road ( permanently) for some reason

I only wanted to go into smiths for a car mag got sort of accosted by some fruit cakes asking me to sign some petition basically told them to go and do one

Sponsored Links
Back